Saturday, March 26, 2011

It used to be that bookshelves

Had shelves. As in, on the top shelf, second middle shelf, etc. Totoro arrived, however, and now instead of shelves, they have "basement," "lobby," "second floor." Mike, one day, just blurted it, lamenting how fast Totoro was growing, how he has effectively moved up from the "lobby" (formerly the second from the lowest shelf" to the "second floor."

Totoro has now managed to reach the third floor, thanks in part to a curiously placed ledge (his old scratching post) sticking out from the bottom of my bed. He has been trying to go up to the fourth floor, but no luck yet. THe most he has been able to do is clear the shelf of all the gewgaws I have placed there: Mardi Gras beads (straight from New Orleans!), sunblock, and new books that have yet to find their place.

---o0o0o0o0o---

I finally finished organizing my two bookcases. The bigger one, in the living area, and that has since become Totoro's town house, contains all my philosophy, school, and some random fiction books. The basement (as with any house I've been in), contains random crap that for some reason or another I can't seem to part with. The lobby has my Norton anthologies from grad school, the second floor houses my philosophy books. The third floor holds my philosophy books (in Latin, gifts from a former professor), art books (mostly on Seurat and Escher) and leftover books from school. The fourth floor contains a small sampling of my fiction books. The attic has CDs and some LPs. 

The smaller one in bedroom holds all my food and cooking books and YA novels. The basement, covered with a fleece blanket, is Totoro's napping area. 

"Stop reading and feed me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment